Through my membership of the YDSA I am qualified (Level 2) to provide guidance and advice to code small commercial craft (Maritime and Coastguard Agency).

The Recreational Craft Directive (RCD) came into force on 16th June 1998, under which all recreational craft between 2.5m and 24m brought into or offered for sale within the EEA are required by law to comply with certain standards, have the relevant documentation and to be fitted with a CE Mark/HIN number (now called a CIN). The Channel Islands are not part of the EEA and therefore the RCD does not apply in law; however any vessel leaving the Channel Islands to be imported into the EEA will need to comply.

I offer advice and compliance in regard to all aspects of the RCD. Vessels can be made compliant and supplied with all of the legally required paperwork in Jersey before moving to Europe.
Please email or telephone for specific information.